Committee & Faculty
President | Israel
President: WCRPL – World Congress on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Prof. Asher Bashir is a full Professor, Joyce & Irving Medical School, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Director maternity C Ward, Director Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Clinic, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Ultrasound and Obstetric Day Care Unit Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Co-Chair | USA
Co-Chair: WCRPL – World Congress on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Prof. William H. Kutteh is a Clinical Professor of Reproductive Endocrinology – Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Consulting Gynecologist, Department of Surgery
Director of Fertility Preservation – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Managing Partner, Director of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Center – Fertility Associates of Memphis, USA
- Prof. Mala Arora – FRCOG (UK), Diploma Obstetrics (Ireland), Diploma Anesthesia (UK). Dr. Arora is an Obstetrician & Gynecologist specialist
- Prof. Arora is the editor of renowned books in the field of RPL. Delivered more than 300 lectures nationally & internationally. Received five gold medals during her studies and in favor of her medical activity & experience.
- Dr. Carmina Bermejo – Graduate and postgraduate (PhD) in Medicine Faculty of Universidad Complutense de Madrid Spain. Specialized in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Hospital Universitario San Carlos de Madrid.
- Dr. Bermejo is an expert in 3D Ultrasonography of Delta Ultrasound diagnostic Center in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Madrid, Spain. She is a teacher and a member in distinguished scientific and organizing committees of well-known hospitals and organizations.
- Prof. Jan Brosens – Prof. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology , Deputy Head Division of Biomedical Sciences – Warwick Medical School UK, Scientific Director – Tommy’s National Miscarriage Research Center UK
- Graduated from the Catholic University Leuven, Belgium. Postgraduate in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in the UK. In 2011 he was appointed as Chair of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Warwick.
- Prof. Dahdouh graduated Saint-Joseph Uni Beirut, Lebanon. He is the Medical Director & Founder of ART Center (Mother & Child Uni Hospital Center).
- Board certified – Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility & Obstetrics-Gynecology, Assistant Professor – division REI, Ob-Gyn Dept, Uni of Montreal
- Prof. Arsen Gvenetadze – graduated in faculty of Medicine from the Tbilisi State Medical Institute. He is the Founder & General Director of “Reproductive Clinic of Zurab Sabakhtarashvili”, Associate Prof. of Tbilisi State Uni.
- President of Georgian Society for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss.
- Dr. Avi Harlev – Graduated from the Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel. He is a senior physician in the Fertility and IVF unit at the Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel.
- Dr. Harlev is a Reproductive Endocrinologist and a Fertility Expert. In addition to his professional commitments, Dr. Harlev is a Reproductive researcher as well as a teacher.
- Prof. Joanne Kwak-Kim – specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology, as well as Microbiology & Immunology at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science USA. She is also the Assistant Chair, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Illinois, USA. Clinically, she serves as the Director of Reproductive Medicine & Immunology at Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics.
- Prof. Kwak-Kim’s research interest lies in Reproductive Immunology; particularly, recurrent pregnancy loss
- Prof. Ruth Lathi – has graduated her M.D. at University of California, San Francisco USA, and completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine. Specialty – Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Reproductive endocrinology & Infertility) at the Stanford University Medical Center, USA.
- Director of the Multi-specialty Recurrent Pregnancy Loss program at Stanford, as well as the Director of Clinical Operations at Stanford Fertility and Reproductive Health in Sunnyvale.
- Prof. Raoul Orvieto is a full professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology & incumbent of the Tarnesby-Tarnowski Chair for Family Planning & Fertility Regulation, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel. Prof. Orvieto is the director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, at Sheba Medical Center, Israel.
- Prof. Orvieto is the author and co-author of more than 300 publications in national and international journals.
- Dr. Sotirios Saravelos graduated from the University of Sheffield, UK. Awarded an Honorary Clinical Research Fellowship by Imperial College London, UK. Completed a two year Clinical Fellowship and doctorate at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, where he completed a doctorate thesis on the use of three-dimensional ultrasound in reproductive medicine.
- Recently served as Junior Deputy of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) Reproductive Surgery Special Interest Group.
- Full Professor Eyal Sheiner – the Chairman of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology B at the Soroka University Medical Center, Israel. He is the Vice Dean, Student Affair, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. Served as the Director of the Residency Program and as the Deputy Director General of the hospital.
- Prof. Sheiner has published extensively in the area of perinatal epidemiology. He is the editor of 10 books and a member of the Editorial board of 6 scientific journals.
- Prof. Robert M. Silver – a Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center, USA. He is Interim Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Co-Director of Labor and Delivery at the University Health sciences Center.
- Clinical & Research interests include recurrent pregnancy loss & stillbirth, cesarean delivery, placenta accreta, vaginal birth after cesarean delivery, immunologic diseases & medical disorders in pregnancy.
- Prof. Carlos Simón is a Board Certified and Full Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at the University of Valencia, Spain; Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, USA; Adjunct Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Baylor College of Medicine, USA; Scientific Director of Igenomix.
- He is author of hundreds of publications in international journals and books.
- Prof. Vasilis Tanos specializes in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. He teaches at St George’s Med School at Nicosia University & departments of Bioinformatics in University of Cyprus. Consultant Gynaecologist at Aretaeio Hospital in Nicosia & head of the Reproductive Medicine and Surgery.
- Prof. Tanos special interest & research is in reproductive Surgery & Bioinformatics. He is highly active in several medical associations and has published hundreds articles in international scientific journals as well as books & media.
- Prof. Bettina Toth is the Head of the Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Austria. She graduated at the Eberhard-Karls University Tübingen, Germany, and specialized in Gynecological Endocrinology and Fertility Disorders.
- Her scientific work focuses on extracellular vesicles in women mainly during their reproductive life span as well as risk factors and immunological disorders in women with recurrent miscarriage.
- Prof. Ole B. Christiansen – Clinical professor in obstetrics & gynaecology at The Aalborg University Hospital & consultant at the Dept. of Fertility at The Juliane Marie Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital.
- Main research areas: Clinical, epidemiological and immunological aspects of recurrent miscarriage & recurrent implantation failure, Clarification of the immunogenetic background of late pregnancy disorders.
- Dr. Nasser Al-Asmar Piñar – Academic degrees in Pharmacy and Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction of Valencia University – Spain. Current studies (Ph.D) in Human Maile Genetics at Washington State University USA.
- 10 years of Clinical& research laboratory Experience; In the Clinical setting he has extensive Experience in the study of chromosomal abnormalities in embryos and spermatozoa using array CGH technology and fluorescence “in situ” hybridization.
- Prof. William Buckett is an Associate Professor in McGill University Canada, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Chief of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, and the Medical Director of the MUHC Reproductive Centre.
- He regularly presents his work around the world and has authored or co-authored over 200 peer-reviewed articles, reviews, abstracts or book chapters. Has served on the editorial board of Human Reproduction & the Science Advisory Panel to Assisted Human Reproduction Canada.
- Prof. Udo Markert is the Head of the Placenta Laboratory at the University Hospital Jena, Germany. Past – ASRI President served the Council for 8 years. He has been Councillor of the International (ISIR) and European (ESRI) Societies for Reproductive Immunology and is the current President-Elect of ESRI.
- Prof. Markert has organized and co-organized several international conferences. He is Associated Editor of the AJRI and member of the Editorial Board of the “Journal of Reproductive Immunology” and “Placenta”.
- Dr. Claire Pexman-Fieth is a graduate of the University of Toronto medical school. She completed her residency in Ob/Gyn, at the University of Toronto with FRCSC. Worked in Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- During her 20 years of pharmaceutical industry experience she has worked in drug safety, global medical affairs & in research and development. Responsible for Women’s Health products in Global Medical Affairs and Clinical Development in Abbott.